Responsible for interpreting customer drawings and other customer documentation and applying Penco’s engineering standard rules to ensure accuracy of final design and proper order setup. Work with customer service, project management, production control and other engineering staff to ensure all customer objectives are met through the most effective and efficient manufacturing processes.
Shift: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Shows dimensions, material to be used, and other information necessary to make detailed drawing clear and complete.
- Create Bills of Materials and BOO routings, in an SAP ERP system.
- Compare order inputs to manufacturing details and resolve all discrepancies
- Create accurate, detailed fabricated drawings and layouts as well as piece part prints that conform to industry and company standards for shop fabrication.
- Develop the skill to evaluate tolerance propagation within an assembly of components and determine interference fits and functionality of final assemblies and installations.
- Uses CAD (Solidworks) to create component layout models/drawings
- Works with Project Engineers and Designers to revise/resolve drawing and/or customer order issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Organize and archive drawings and specifications, along with maintaining engineering work log while maintaining an organized workspace and filing system.
- Makes any adjustments to detailed designs as necessary or required.
- Provides support to manufacturing to ensure product is fabricated and assembled based on the intended functionality of the design.
- Reviews engineering drawings and estimates, analyzes design work, and retrieves information as required to complete layout and design to meet customer expectations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or minimum of six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge and competency in the use of ERP and MRP systems; SAP is preferred ERP platform.
- Understand/experience using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Microsoft Office in a design to order manufacturing environment.
- Experience and working knowledge of Material Master Development, BOO routing creation, BOM setup and validation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills within a collaborative team environment.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, BOM’s, BOO”s and other work instructions.
- Sheet metal experiences a plus.
- Candidate MUST possess strong organizational skills
- Must be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to sit and utilize office equipment to perform analysis of data
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles, dirty surfaces and heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with higher exposures possible when working in-plant. Desk work and computer skills are a daily part of the requirements for this position.