Department: Storage Products Sales Channel
Location: Western Region
Report to: SR. VP Sales and Marketing, NA
FLSA: Salaried Exempt
Provides the overall human resource function for assigned Sales personnel, including directional leadership, coaching, development, and counseling; while implementing Penco’s Strategic Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Policies and Procedures. Helps develop and implement sales strategies to achieve assigned annual revenue, profit and expense targets. Builds long term relationships with customers within region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements region sales plans to drive profitable growth. Provides territory direction to personnel to achieve sales plans and expense budgets. Instills a strong commitment for success, open communication, sense of urgency, and responsiveness.
- Directs, trains, coaches, and counsels, while providing directional leadership to regional personnel. Ensures high professionalism in accordance with Penco standards and is responsive to external and internal customers.
- Position currently includes a dual responsibility role of Western Region Manager and District Manager for the states of Texas and Louisiana.
- Implements channel development activity and helps coordinate and manage all quote to cash activities for the region.
- Directs team and utilizes the lead generation tools provided to scope out new projects. Implements and manages sales activities either with distribution or direct to secure quotations for Penco on the appropriate projects.
- Emphasis on sales calls by team to end users and GCs to help review projects and specifications. Completes or reviews take offs as required.
- Manages and maintains a complete listing of industry focused architectural firms within the assigned region and territory. Makes training calls and focuses on specification approval for all Penco product lines. Works with architects to specify Penco’s products as a basis for design.
- Becomes the knowledge leader on all Penco products, processes, and procedures for this region. Provides training to the customer base.
- Influences customers to bid and purchase standard Penco products as much as possible.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates to drive profitable revenue growth and exceed sales goals.
- Provides product and Pro-Quote training for all customers in the assigned region.
- Represents the company at trade association meetings and shows to promote products and secure new distribution.
- Helps build long-term business partnerships with customers, architects, and end users in established marketplace.
- Works professionally with internal team to communicate on a timely basis and improve the customer experience with Penco.
- Partners with Customer Service, Inside Sales, Marketing and Finance to make Penco the leading supplier of lockers and shelving in the sales territory.
- Manages expenditures of his/her region and territory to conform to budgetary requirements and submits expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Assists Marketing and other departments within organization to improve sales tools and processes as required.
- Assists the internal organization with product research and new product development as required.
- Monitors, evaluates, and communicates the activities and products of the competition.
- Provides assigned administrative requirements on a timely basis. Assists other sales team members to provide coverage during vacations and time away.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree is preferred.
- Five years’ experience in Construction Sales and Project Management.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and project specifications.
- Perform material take offs, pricing and direct bidding to General Contractors and Construction Managers.
- Project manages and assists others on projects from quotation through credit approval, order entry, installation, and payment.
- An accomplished self-starter, detailed oriented, and customer focused sales professional with a proven track record of success.
- Ability to travel overnight on a consistent basis, as required by the demands of the assigned territory.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to move freely in a construction environment such as climb stairs and walk around and thru jobsite conditions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.